Hardware Boxy Fabricated new wheel mounts for bolts Attached Motors to chassis Frosty Designed collector mechanism and box on CAD Attached collector arm Worked on collector arm placement Software Continued brainstorming and analyzing alternative solutions for problems with Hawkeye system. Outreach Experimented with the new platform called AirTable. Contacted local restaurants for destination dining.
Apologies everybody, but we have not been able to catch up with our semi-daily meeting minutes, but now that the season is almost over, we can catch you up with what's going on. The announcement for the worlds competition lottery is still pending for most teams so we're still hopeful that we can win the... Continue Reading →
Congratulations to Anderson, Aman, Robert, Gavin, and our Team Leads; Mercer, Logan, Troy, and Andrew. They made it into the school science fair! We are very proud of our team. We wish them luck competing with our peers on their way to districts.
Sorry for not posting for a couple of meetings since the Orange County Qualifier, but now we're ready to get back on our feet and start Meeting Minutes again! Hardware finished the collector mover, hard stop, and lift mechanism. We also worked on the wiring and the mineral dumper. This is good progress, and we... Continue Reading →
Part of our team volunteered at a regional FLL tournament hosted by McKinley High School. One of our members' brothers is on one of the competing teams, the Master Builders. Every year, teams are challenged to build a robot out of Lego pieces to complete missions on a mat as well as create a solution... Continue Reading →
An AAR is something we like to do after each competition. AAR stands for After Action Review. in our AARs we list three bad things that we did and three good things we did. Isaac Bad Software was incomplete Once lift was implemented the sampling was inconsistent Issues with app; did not interfere with us... Continue Reading →
Software spent time fixing problems a number of different problems with two opmodes. They also completed some more designs for the new robot and updated them in the engineering notebook. Isaac updated DogeCV and worked on fixing all the errors in the driving op modes. Robert worked on a class diagram for the new robot,... Continue Reading →
Today the software team fixed relative turn NavX. Isaac also fixed the telemetry log for the autonomous mode. Robert worked on wiring the new bot. Hardware made a lot of progress today. We finished the assembling of the lift and we also put together the pulley system. We also calculated the weight that the lift... Continue Reading →
Today hardware worked on the lift mechanism drawing. We assembled parts of our lift mechanism, but unfortunately the 3D printed parts broke. We started printing the parts so that they are stronger, and won't break. We also started working on the electronics. In software team, Robert and Kian worked on tele-op. They fixed some problems... Continue Reading →
Today the software team did some extensive code optimization and testing. Isaac tested dogeCV, figuring out where the phone should be. Logan created a servo program and saw the servo was very buggy. Andrew created the gamepad handlers for tele-op. He also is tested them and figured out some bugs. Today, Hardware worked on the... Continue Reading →