Outreach is our team working with the community to promote STEM, sometimes by working with younger robotics teams, volunteering at STEM related events, or visiting corporations to discover how what we learn here is applied to the real world.
Below are the outreach activities we have participated in this year.
- Flint Hill Scrimmage - Today we attended the Flint Hill Meet the Field Event alone with many other FTC teams. We were able to practice the game on the field with other teams. Mira worked with Anderson worked on prototyping a new design for Oscar. we fixed problems with the servo from when the grabber was changed on Thursday. … Continue reading Flint Hill Scrimmage
- NOVA Labs FLL Mock Tournament - Our team got to help prepare FLL teams for their upcoming tournament by assisting NOVA Labs with their annual mock tournament. It incorporated all the elements of a real FLL tournament, including robot missions, design, project, and core values. There were five teams present, with varying amounts of experience and members. The teams received score … Continue reading NOVA Labs FLL Mock Tournament
- Mace Dry Run 20171106 - Yesterday we had the opportunity to do a dry run of our presentation, autonomous,and teleop at MACE. We were able to see what we were doing right, what we needed to fix, and what we needed to practice. We also got the opportunity to share what we were doing with other people. Here is our … Continue reading Mace Dry Run 20171106
- Outreach Event 20171014 - FIRST Lego League Team We invited the FLL team Candy Legos to visit our Saturday meeting with the Langston Hughes team 6633.We gave the kids a tour the Langston Hughes Tech Ed room / meeting space, showing them what their future robotics meetings would look like. We discussed and gave them advice on their project … Continue reading Outreach Event 20171014
- South Lakes Website Announcement - For the first time in Team 7729 history, our competition has been posted on the school website as an official upcoming event! You can see the announcement here: Robotics Competition–North Central Virginia Qualifier We would like to thank our school’s webmaster, Mr. Richard Del Conte, for spreading the word about our event!
- Club Fair 20171013 - Our school hosted its annual club fair yesterday, where students could go out into the main hallway during lunch and explore the extra curricular activities offered by our school. We had a table where we talked to people and passed out flyers.
- Homecoming Parade 20171006 - Our school’s homecoming parade happened recently. A few members and a few coaches gathered to get some more visibility for the team. We made a banner of out logo and got some bags of candy. We then proceeded to walk from Hunter’s Woods shopping center to South Lakes High School. We distributed candy at the … Continue reading Homecoming Parade 20171006
- Orbital Picnic - South Lakes outreach event with corporate sponsor/Orbital
- Girl Scout Maker Day - Lizzie, an active member of our team, is also a member of the girl scouts. She invited us to demonstrate for the Girl Scout Maker Day along with other FIRST teams. We showed off our robots at a local college, NOVA Community College in Annandale, gymnasium along side Marshall high school FRC, Herndon FRC, and … Continue reading Girl Scout Maker Day
- FIRST Global March-April 2017 - During March and April of 2017, multiple members of the South Lakes Robotics team participated in the start-up of the first ever FIRST Global competition! FTC Global is a engineering competition, similar to that of FTC, that brings together bright young minds from all around the world. Over 161 countries participated! Here, you might recognize … Continue reading FIRST Global March-April 2017