We had a great meeting today. We are getting into the swing of the season by starting to design and get ready. We also received our field an are beginning to set it up.
Today, the software team completed Body’s hardware map. Isaac added a gitignore which fixed the corrupted file problem. Jay was busy being caught up to speed. Sadly Robert was not able to join us. We updated he phones software and the driver stations software to the latest versions. Andrew and Kian made a wiring diagram for Boxy.
Today, the hardware team worked on strategies for scoring the minerals. We decided to try to score them in the lander, and we came up with two design. A spinner design and a claw design. We then split into teams to make these designs.
A few members went to a book reading to support DECA.
Today we got a lot of work done from both hardware and software angles.
Today, the software team worked on teaching the new members github while also inviting them to our snack channel. Isaac got DogeCV to work today, and I started making the hardware map. The software team also got the new members up to speed on installing software, and gave them a crash course in Git. Isaac added DogeCV to the new repository, the one with the 4.0 version of the Robot Controller App software configured. Everything worked properly, eventually anyway, and Mineral Recognition has been successfully added to the new repository.
Also, marketing team created a poster to recruit new members. We updated a couple pages on our website and discussed upcoming outreach events:
ZANNA Function Book Signing (9/20)
Back to School Night (9/26)
Northrop Grumman Picnic (9/28)
We finished building next gen and boxy.
Temporary wheels in lieu of Mechanum Wheels
Using another motor as tension for the chain
And designed for the arm
Long Arm & Box
Claw and Collector
Hello everyone! Today’s meeting was a huge success for both hardware and software.
Hardware team made some huge progress towards disassembling our old-old robot kBot, repairing our software test robot Boxy. They even finished doing our parts inventory.
Software team started teaching some of our new members interested in software about our software. They also started implementing FTC 4.0 into our git repository, but were met with some resistance, so there is still work to be done on that front. Also, one of our team members has created a program using DogeCV, a library created by another FTC team, to detect a gold mineral.
We had a great meeting today! We have finally started the season in earnest, and did some great activities for preparing to build the bot. First we did team elections for all four team leads, captain, Software, Hardware, and marketing.
We did a Stu-Bot activity, hardware team started to inventory our parts, and Marketing team fixed some problems with the website. Stu-Bot is a popular activity in FRC, a competition similar to FTC but scaled up to football court size. We scaled down the FTC field 4 times smaller and moved around small LEGO cars to simulate the game. We learned that autonomous will have to account for the small space that both bots will be going to, and roughly how many minerals we can expect to collect.
Hardware team did some great work on inventory. They got almost half way finished! Some great charts were produced to show what each part was.
Marketing did some great work on the website. Check it out!