Meeting Summary 9/18/18

Today we got a lot of work done from both hardware and software angles.

Today, the software team worked on teaching the new members github while also inviting them to our snack channel. Isaac got DogeCV to work today, and I started making the hardware map.  The software team also got the new members up to speed on installing software, and gave them a crash course in Git. Isaac added DogeCV to the new repository, the one with the 4.0 version of the Robot Controller App software configured. Everything worked properly, eventually anyway, and Mineral Recognition has been successfully added to the new repository.

Also, marketing team created a poster to recruit new members. We updated a couple pages on our website and discussed upcoming outreach events:
ZANNA Function Book Signing (9/20)
Back to School Night (9/26)
Northrop Grumman Picnic (9/28)


We finished building next gen and boxy. 

Temporary wheels in lieu of Mechanum Wheels

Using another motor as tension for the chain

 And designed for the arm

Long Arm & Box

Claw and Collector

Meeting Minutes 9/15/2018

Hello everyone! Today’s meeting was a huge success for both hardware and software.

Hardware team made some huge progress towards disassembling our old-old robot kBot, repairing our software test robot Boxy. They even finished doing our parts inventory.

Software team started teaching some of our new members interested in software about our software. They also started implementing FTC 4.0 into our git repository, but were met with some resistance, so there is still work to be done on that front. Also, one of our team members has created a program using DogeCV, a library created by another FTC team, to detect a gold mineral.

Meeting Minutes 9/13/2018

We had a great meeting today! We have finally started the season in earnest, and did some great activities for preparing to build the bot. First we did team elections for all four team leads, captain, Software, Hardware, and marketing.

We did a Stu-Bot activity, hardware team started to inventory our parts, and Marketing team fixed some problems with the website. Stu-Bot is a popular activity in FRC, a competition similar to FTC but scaled up to football court size. We scaled down the FTC field 4 times smaller and moved around small LEGO cars to simulate the game. We learned that autonomous will have to account for the small space that both bots will be going to, and roughly how many minerals we can expect to collect. 

Hardware team did some great work on inventory. They got almost half way finished! Some great charts were produced to show what each part was.

Marketing did some great work on the website. Check it out!

C Hawks To-Do List

Stuff we need to do to get our robot to work!

  • Hardware

    • No upgrades are planned at the moment
  • Software

    • Autonomous
      • deposit glyph in safe zone with vuforia
      • work out kinks in gem
    • Teleop
      • fix the code so you can move the lift while you move the wheels