Outreach: McKinley FLL Tournament 11/10/18

Part of our team volunteered at a regional FLL tournament hosted by McKinley High School. One of our members’ brothers is on one of the competing teams, the Master Builders. Every year, teams are challenged to build a robot out of Lego pieces to complete missions on a mat as well as create a solution to one of the challenges presented in the manual. This is a great learning experience and way for kids to get interested in robotics. FLL is also many kid’s first experience with FIRST.

 

Orange County AAR

An AAR is something we like to do after each competition. AAR stands for After Action Review. in our AARs we list three bad things that we did and three good things we did.

  • ¬†Isaac
    • Bad
      • Software was incomplete
      • Once lift was implemented the sampling was inconsistent
      • Issues with app; did not interfere with us on field
    • good
      • worked well under pressure
      • Communicated well with other teams
      • Got Award
  • Troy
    • Bad
      • Did not finish robot quickly enough
      • another team distracted key members while judges were at our table
      • members weren’t 100% attentive the whole time
    • good
      • we got the lift to work
      • We got chosen for a final alliance
      • Software coded efficiently
  • Sonny
    • Bad
      • Could have gone more in depth on certain topics in the engineering notebook
      • Marketing section in the notebook was not great
      • We could have used more sophisticated words
    • good
      • Covered all necessary areas in engineering notebook
      • Covered future goals effectively
      • We got the design award
  • Logan
    • Bad
      • A certain someone needs to work on their listening skills
      • We needed to have more time to debug the robot
      • our outreach section wasn’t very good
    • good
      • Robot turned out OK
      • Judging speech was alright
      • Software came through for us at the competition

20181110 Meeting Minutes

Software spent time fixing problems a number of different problems with two opmodes. They also completed some more designs for the new robot and updated them in the engineering notebook.

  • Isaac updated DogeCV and worked on fixing all the errors in the driving op modes.¬†
  • Robert worked on a class diagram for the new robot, Alan.
  • Andrew worked on updating the engineering notebook.

 

Meeting Minutes 11/1/2018

Today the software team fixed relative turn NavX. Isaac also fixed the telemetry log for the autonomous mode. Robert worked on wiring the new bot.

Hardware made a lot of progress today. We finished the assembling of the lift and we also put together the pulley system. We also calculated the weight that the lift can hold, and found that it can hold up to 24 lbs on the opposite side of the robot. Today, our actions brought us one step closer to finishing the robot. Next time we will be attaching the hook and the collector, and then attaching it to the robot. This will allow us to land and reattach to the launcher, as well as score minerals into the lander.

Marketing worked on the notebook today, by writing about the outreach events we participated in this season and creating assignments for the next week. We also wrote an entry on our website and worked on the member profiles.